Postdoctoral Scientist - Pharmaceutical Development (Small Molecules)
Job Summary: We require an experienced physical organic chemist and broad knowledge of and significant hands on experience with small molecule and analytical technology including chromatographic and physical characterization methods. This individual will plan and execute experiments in physicochemical analysis and structural characterization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate physicochemical properties of small molecules relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results to clients.
- Develop analytical methods and characterize product variants
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of drug substance characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Design experiments to develop pre-clincal and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development.
- Design experiments to determine the stability in prototye clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and achieve formulations with acceptable shelf life.
- Perform laboratory experiments related to the above.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories' scientific leadership in the field of small molecule analysis and characterization.
- Interface with clients to develop an in-depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep from abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports
Required Background and Experience
- Ph.D. in Physical Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related descipline
- In depth expertise in physical organic chemistry and the structural characterization of small molecules as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Expertise in the field of physiochemical analysis and structural characterization
- Hands-on experience with method development as well as analytical methods used for physicochemical characterization of pharmaceutical products such as spectroscopy and HPLC analysis.
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert as well as a leader of small teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills.
Additional Desirable Background:
- Capability with DSC, TGA, and/or lyophilization
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings
Where This Job Could Lead
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative buiness line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a team of Postdoctoral employees
Wolf Laboratories, Inc. (WLI), founded in 1999, and located in Watertown, MA, is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated early drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. Wolfe Laboratories is an essential element of the drug developmen ecosystem, recognized by global and virtual biopharmaceutical companies of a science-driven organization whose mission is to provide outstanding discovery and development services tailored to its clients' needs for rational formulation development. Wolfe Laboratories integrated the critical path components of early development to ensure that programs advance while meeting rigorous scientific demands with flexibility to address dynamic challenges and aggressive timelines. Wolfe Laboratories' vision is to improve human health, and we continue to strive towards that goal by embracing our core values of integrity, excellence and teamword. The company has a high percentage of repeat clients, which is a testament to its long-term commitment of continual investment in tits capabilities to meet biopharma's growign demand for high quality, integrated early developmen services
For more information visit us at www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Are you a science guru? Are you an expert of organic chemistry, general chemistry, biology, or physics content? The Princeton Review is looking for individuals who are bright, dynamic and energetic to teach our MCAT courses in Colorado.
While we offer courses for the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, and LSAT, we are actively hiring for MCAT instructors. Many of our teachers find this job a flexible and exciting way to supplement their primary salaries, as our tutoring and classroom teaching occurs in virutally all areas on weekday evenings, and on weekends.
Your paid training will enable you to teach students to control all aspects of each test type. A typical classroom course meets regularly twice a week for three hours each session, for approximately fie to six weeks until the next actual test date occurring at rented sites such as high schools and colleges. Although no formal teaching experience is necessary, dynamic presentation skills, an ability to organize and communicate content clearly and effectively, and a quick wit are certainly preferred. Our students are fantastic, the course material is excellent, your paid training is thorough, and we have a lot of fun along the way!
- Strong science background
- Bachelor's Degree or in prcess
- Strong performance on standardized tests
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Maturity, reliability, and a positive attitude
- Evening and weekend availability
- Reliable transportation
- Group audition/interview
- Training program
- Qualifying exam
- Competitive pay: $15-$25/hour to start
- Excellent performance bonus plan
- Comprehensive training paid
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Scheduling -courses meet in the evenings and weekends
- Flexible hours - work anywhere between 3 and 15 hours per week, depending on how many courses and/or tutorials you teach
to discuss our teaching opprotunities more as well as audition dates and times! To get started, please fill ou the following application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gmp2yeZtZfJxYXGjlA2hET4lTwTXl2UzZm0uelsIxIk/viewform?usp=send_form.
PT Chemist - LC experience. THC a plus (Aspen location)
Part-time in-house chemist for marijuana-infused edible manufacturer. Very flexible work schedule and laid back work environment. If the snow or hiking is great, don't bother showing up for work.
Must have LC experience. You’ll be running brand new Perkin Elmer equipment. Experience with cannabis analysis a strong plus. Mass Spec will be coming soon. Compensation is negotiable. Need to staff soon.
Aspen location. Could turn into full-time work, if desired.
Contact John Conlin
St. Cloud State University-Assistant/Associate Professors in the Dept of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Position Title: Assistant/Associate Professors in the Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Fixed-term, Non-tenure track, Nine month appointment.
Salary: Salary and rank dependent upon academic qualifications and experience.
Date of Appointment: August 19, 2015
Department: The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in the College of Science and Engineering (COSE) at St. Clous State University, St. CLoud, MN has 14 full-time chemistry faculty positions and offers an American Chemical Society approved program. The department is well equipped with major instrumentation and research facilities, including an Agilent GC-MS, Agilent HPLC, JEOL NMR, JEOL SEM, an Asy;um Instrument SPM, and a Bruker X-ray Diffraction System. Additional information about the College and Department can be found at http://www.stcloudstate.edu/cose/ and http://www.stcloudstate.edu/chemistry/.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related fields
- Evidence of ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience in teaching biochemistry, organic, general and /or introductory chemistry courses to undergraduate students
Individuals with experience teaching chemistry courses in an online and/or hybrid format
Application Procedures and Deadlines: To apply for these positions directly, click on the web link http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm (click "Apply" withing this posting to complete application). The Complete application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Copies of Transcript(s) (undergradaute/gradaute/Ph.D.); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required
- Name and contact information for three (3) current professional references
Dealine for the receipt of all application materials is May 18, 2015. Materials recieved after this date cannot be guaranteed consideration.
Post Doc Position Description
Purdue University Discovery Park
The Purdue University Center for Drug Discovery currently has an opprotunity for a postdoctoral researcher in the research group of Professor Philip S. Low. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join a multidisciplinary team that aims to discover, develop and translate promising new candidates into the drugs of tomorrow.
Research experience in biochemistry, molecular biology or hematology is required. Research experience in human erythrocyte biochemistry is preferred. Experience in cloing, site-directed mutagenesis, expression/purification and characterization of recombinant proteins is preferred. Experience with the routine culturing of mammalian cells is aso strongly desired. Candidates with a strong background in erythrocyte characterization, hematology and a strong background in standard biochemistry techniques are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate should be able to use discretion and independent judgement in all areas of research including experimental design, project management, and implenting strategies for cross-functional teamwork and collaboration. They will be responsible and accountable for the design of lab experiments, be able to delegate and manage day-to-day research procedures efficiently. Furthermore, excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
Responsibilities will aslo include preparing data for both publication and grant application purposes, participation in formulating ideas and concepts for grants, writing manuscripts for peer review publication, presenting research results at conferences and major meetings, and participting in discussions with international scientists to lead and support research. Knowledge of all applicable NIH and OSHA safety rules, as well as ensuring that all safety regulations and proper methods for handling potentialy dnagerous chemicals, pathogens, substances, and materials are followed is also required.
Applicant must have a PhD and a track record of accomplishment and creative scientific contributions as evidenced by publications and/or presentation at scientific meetings
How to Apply: