Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at Gustavus Adolphus College
Organic Chemistry (up to 2 positions)
Position Details: Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for a one-semester position(s) of Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry to begin Feburary 1, 2015.
Minimum Required Qualifications: We seek candidates who have an earned doctorate, but will consider candiddates who have achieved ABD status. Candidates must have demonstrated excellence in teaching. A commitment to undergraduate teaching is essential; in their application candidates should discuss their commitment to teaching a student-centered undergraduate chemistry curriculum in a liberal arts environment.
Preferred Qualifications: The teaching load will range from two to four course equivalents. Responsibilities will include 100-level organic laboratory and may include 100-level organic chemistry lecture, depending on the needs of the department and expertise of the successful candidate/s.
Dr. Brenda Kelly, Chair
Department of Chemistry
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W College Ave
Sait Peter, MN 56082-1498
Lexmark Int'l seeking Analytical Chemist
Req# 126498: Organic / Polymer Analytical Chemist - Boulder
This position is with the Materials Analysis Lab that resides at the Lexmark-Boulder site. This position is responsible for chemical and physical analysis of electrophotographic supplies, such as toners and photoconductors, to assist in product and process development. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance, operation, and method deveopment of analytical instruments for both non-routine and routine analyses. The candidate will use organic, polymer chemistry knowledge and expertise to determine chemical structure of complex organic compounds and mixtures. Coordination of analysis projects involving multiple scientists and engineers will be required.
- B.S. (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred) in Organic, Polymer, Analytical Chemistry or a related field, with a strong background in organic/polymer analysis
- Experience preferred in NMR & MS (LC/MS, MS, MS/MS) techniques dealing with separation and identification of organic and polymeric compounds and mixtures
- A high-level of self direction and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to operate and interpret data with delicate analytical instruments
- Excellent scientific, analytical, and technical capabilities combined with proactive apporach in supporting organizational mission and vision
- Displays leadership attributes to drive engagement of Materials Analysis Lab with other Development teams
How to Apply:
- Go to https://www.lexmark.com/en_us/careers.html
- This will take you to the Careers page of teh Lexmark web-site
- Under Search for jobs, set Location to Boulder, CO and click Submit. This will show you all of the Boulder, CO positions.
- Look for the position labeled "Organic/Polymer Analytical Chemist"
Assistant Professor - Organic Chemistry
The Chemistry Department of Macalester College invites applications for a tenure-track position in organic chemistry at the assistant professor level to begin in the fall of 2015. A Ph.D. is required and post-doctoral experience in either an academic or an industrial setting is preferred. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in polymers of material science. We seek apllicants who are committed to excellence both in teaching and in engaging undergraduates in reserach. The successful candidate will be expected to teach classes in organic chmeistry every semester, regularly offer advanced elective courses, periodically offer courses appropriate for non-science majors and the College's First-Year Seminar program, and develop a research program that leads to publications with student co-authors and that attracts external funding.
Faculty Position at Bowdoin College - Physical Biochemistry / Biophysical Chemistry
The Bowdoin College Chemistry Department and Biochemistry Program seek applicants for an
appointment in physical biochemistry / biophysical chemistry (broadly defined) beginning Fall
2015. A Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry or a related field is required. The tenure track or
tenured joint appointment to Chemistry and Biochemistry will be made at the Assistant,
advanced Assistant or Associate professor level, depending on qualifications and experience.
The teaching load is three courses per year, which includes responsibility for teaching a
thermodynamics course appropriate for chemistry and biochemistry majors. Other courses will
include contributions at the introductory level and courses at any level that will contribute to
the curricula of the chemistry and biochemistry majors. Full-time laboratory instructor support
is provided for most courses. The successful candidate must possess a strong commitment to
undergraduate education and demonstrate the potential to develop a funded, active, and
productive research program that involves undergraduates, especially those interested in
Bowdoin College accepts only electronic submissions. Please visit
to submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of research plans, a statement on
teaching philosophy and contact information for three people to provide letters of
Review of applications, including letters of recommendation, will begin
October 6, 2014.
A highly selective liberal arts college on the Maine coast with a diverse student body made up
of 31% students of color, 5% international students and approximately 15% first generation
college students, Bowdoin College is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal
opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute
to the cultural, socio-economic, and ethnic diversity of our college. Bowdoin College does not
discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual
orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment, or in our
Bowdoin College offers strong support for faculty research and teaching. We recognize that
recruiting and retaining faculty may involve considerations of spouses and domestic partners.
To that end, where possible, the College will attempt to accommodate and respond creatively to
the needs of spouses and partners of members of the faculty.
For further information about the College please visit our website:
POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST- PHARMACEUTICAL DEVELOPMENT (Protein)
JOB SUMMARY: We require a highly motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to work on protein stability & aggregation as it relates to therapeutic protein development. The current postdoctoral project is designed to understand the fundamental mechanism/s of protein instability, sub-visible particulate formation and aggregation using variety of chromatographic, biophysical and biochemical tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate physical and biophysical properties of peptides, proteins, and bioconjugates relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results to clients.
- Develop analytical and high throughput biophysical methods to characterize product variants
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of protein characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Design experiments to develop pre-clinical and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development.
- Design experiments to determine the stability in prototype clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and to achieve formulations with acceptable shelf-life.
- Perform laboratory experiments related to the above.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories’ scientific leadership in the field of protein analysis and characterization.
- Interface with clients to develop an in-depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep them abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, Biomolecular engineering, Organic Chemistry, Chemical engineering or closely related disciplines
- In depth experience in the area of protein biophysics involving structure-folding-stability relationships. This includes purification, stability, kinetics and thermodynamics of folding of monomeric proteins, particularly as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Hands-on experience with chromatographic method development as well as techniques used for biophysical characterization of biopharmaceutical products such as calorimetry, spectroscopy, higher order structure analysis, protein mass spectroscopy, CE, HPLC, ELISA, and carbohydrate analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Organic Chemistry principles
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills
- Good understanding of excipient and ligand interaction with proteins
- Evaluation of thermodynamic and kinetic models
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE BACKGROUND:
WHERE THIS JOB COULD LEAD:
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement, including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative business line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a team of Postdoctoral employees
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc. (WLI), located in Watertown, MA, is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated early drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. Wolfe Laboratories is an essential element of the drug development ecosystem, recognized by global and virtual biopharmaceutical companies as a science-driven organization whose mission is to provide outstanding discovery and development services tailored to its clients’ needs for rational formulation development. Wolfe Laboratories integrates the critical path components of early development to ensure that programs advance while meeting rigorous scientific demands with flexibility to address dynamic challenges and aggressive timelines. Wolfe Laboratories’ vision is to improve human health, and we continue to strive towards that goal by embracing our core values of integrity, excellence and teamwork. The company has a high percentage of repeat clients, which is a testament to its long-term commitment of continual investment in its capabilities to meet biopharma’s growing demand for high quality, integrated early development services.
For more information visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com.
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.