- Funding Opportunities
- Building Service Requests
- Graduate Courses
- Events & Seminars
- Graduate Class Photos
- Financial Aid
- Interdisciplinary Opportunities
- HR & Payroll
- International Students
- Graduate Office
- Tutor List
- Teaching Assistants
- Faculty A-Z
- Faculty Listed By Research
- Staff A-Z
- Campus Map
- Contact Us
- Job Listings
- Fellowships and Awards
- Laser Safety
- Teaching Schedule
Science Writer - Draw it to Know it
Draw it to Know it: Sciences (DrawItToKnowIt.com) is looking for science writers in the fields of: Physics and Chemistry. Draw it to Know it employes a specialized, active learnign method in which students are taught scientific materials through the process of drawing it out.
Draw it to Know it was first established in 2010 and is presently available as an Iphone/Ipad App (Neuroanatomy - Draw it to Know it), Website (DrawItToKnowIt.com), and book (Neuroanatomy: Draw it to Know it, published by Oxford University Press).
Our digital materials have recieved institutional adoption from universities throughout the world, from Washington University in St. Louis to Macquarie University in Australia.
We are now expanding our content beyond nuroanatomy to include additional sciences: Gross Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Biochemistry.
Writers will need to be available full-time and will work out of our Broad Ripple office at 6507 Ferguson Street, Indianpolis, Indiana.
- Graduate level of education in Physical or Chemical Sciences
- Teaching and/or science writing experience preferred but no requisite
Adam Fisch, MD
Draw it to Know it / Creations, LLC
Visiting Assistant in the Dept. of Chemistry at Gustavus Adolphus College
Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for a full‐time one‐year position of Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry to begin September 1, 2015.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
We seek candidates who have an earned doctorate, but will consider candidates who have achieved ABD status. Candidates must have demonstrated excellence in teaching. A commitment to undergraduate teaching is essential; in their application candidates should discuss their commitment to teaching a student‐centered undergraduate chemistry curriculum in a liberal arts environment.
We are interested in applicants who will complement our commitment to students and faculty from diverse cultural groups, and who will diversify the expertise and experiences represented in the department.
The teaching load will be seven course equivalents. Primary teaching responsibilities will include: 100‐level organic chemistry lecture and associated labs, 200‐level biochemistry laboratories, 100‐level Principles of Chemistry laboratories, and a possible January Term experiential course determined by candidate and appropriate to the candidate’s expertise.
Application and Institution Information:
Dr. Scott Bur, Search Committee Chair
Department of Chemistry
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W College Ave
Saint Peter, MN 56082-1498
Review of applications will begin on July 2, 2015, and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to complete application files received by July 2, 2015.
The Gustavus Department of Chemistry graduates approximately 30 majors each year. The Department prepares students for continuing education in post‐graduate professional programs in chemistry, environmental or healthrelated fields. Students are engaged in research experiences both within and outside of classes.
Gustavus Adolphus College is a coeducational, private, Lutheran (ELCA), residential, national liberal arts college of 2400 students. The College maintains a longstanding commitment to excellence through diversity with a special emphasis on global engagement and service. Additionally, we strive to be a community supportive of all kinds of individuals and families. As an Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy and practice of Gustavus Adolphus College to provide equal employment opportunities for all. EOE Employer/Disabled/Vet
P-Chem Instructor at University of North Colorado
Univeristy of North Colorado is looking for someone to teach some intro courses in Fall 2015 and the one semester Survey of PChem course and laboratory in Spring 2016.
For more information please visit the link: http://www.unco.edu/nhs/chemistry/faculty/barbera/index.html
Postdoctoral Scientist - Pharmaceutical Development (Small Molecules)
Job Summary: We require an experienced physical organic chemist and broad knowledge of and significant hands on experience with small molecule and analytical technology including chromatographic and physical characterization methods. This individual will plan and execute experiments in physicochemical analysis and structural characterization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate physicochemical properties of small molecules relevant to drug development and subsequently communicate the interpretation and implication of results to clients.
- Develop analytical methods and characterize product variants
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of drug substance characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Design experiments to develop pre-clincal and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development.
- Design experiments to determine the stability in prototye clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and achieve formulations with acceptable shelf life.
- Perform laboratory experiments related to the above.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories' scientific leadership in the field of small molecule analysis and characterization.
- Interface with clients to develop an in-depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep from abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports
Required Background and Experience
- Ph.D. in Physical Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Process Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related descipline
- In depth expertise in physical organic chemistry and the structural characterization of small molecules as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Expertise in the field of physiochemical analysis and structural characterization
- Hands-on experience with method development as well as analytical methods used for physicochemical characterization of pharmaceutical products such as spectroscopy and HPLC analysis.
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert as well as a leader of small teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills.
Additional Desirable Background:
- Capability with DSC, TGA, and/or lyophilization
- Experience in creating and delivering trainings
Where This Job Could Lead
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative buiness line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a team of Postdoctoral employees
Wolf Laboratories, Inc. (WLI), founded in 1999, and located in Watertown, MA, is a premier contract research organization that provides integrated early drug development solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. Wolfe Laboratories is an essential element of the drug developmen ecosystem, recognized by global and virtual biopharmaceutical companies of a science-driven organization whose mission is to provide outstanding discovery and development services tailored to its clients' needs for rational formulation development. Wolfe Laboratories integrated the critical path components of early development to ensure that programs advance while meeting rigorous scientific demands with flexibility to address dynamic challenges and aggressive timelines. Wolfe Laboratories' vision is to improve human health, and we continue to strive towards that goal by embracing our core values of integrity, excellence and teamword. The company has a high percentage of repeat clients, which is a testament to its long-term commitment of continual investment in tits capabilities to meet biopharma's growign demand for high quality, integrated early developmen services
For more information visit us at www.wolfelabs.com
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Are you a science guru? Are you an expert of organic chemistry, general chemistry, biology, or physics content? The Princeton Review is looking for individuals who are bright, dynamic and energetic to teach our MCAT courses in Colorado.
While we offer courses for the SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, and LSAT, we are actively hiring for MCAT instructors. Many of our teachers find this job a flexible and exciting way to supplement their primary salaries, as our tutoring and classroom teaching occurs in virutally all areas on weekday evenings, and on weekends.
Your paid training will enable you to teach students to control all aspects of each test type. A typical classroom course meets regularly twice a week for three hours each session, for approximately fie to six weeks until the next actual test date occurring at rented sites such as high schools and colleges. Although no formal teaching experience is necessary, dynamic presentation skills, an ability to organize and communicate content clearly and effectively, and a quick wit are certainly preferred. Our students are fantastic, the course material is excellent, your paid training is thorough, and we have a lot of fun along the way!
- Strong science background
- Bachelor's Degree or in prcess
- Strong performance on standardized tests
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Maturity, reliability, and a positive attitude
- Evening and weekend availability
- Reliable transportation
- Group audition/interview
- Training program
- Qualifying exam
- Competitive pay: $15-$25/hour to start
- Excellent performance bonus plan
- Comprehensive training paid
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Scheduling -courses meet in the evenings and weekends
- Flexible hours - work anywhere between 3 and 15 hours per week, depending on how many courses and/or tutorials you teach
to discuss our teaching opprotunities more as well as audition dates and times! To get started, please fill ou the following application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gmp2yeZtZfJxYXGjlA2hET4lTwTXl2UzZm0uelsIxIk/viewform?usp=send_form.
PT Chemist - LC experience. THC a plus (Aspen location)
Part-time in-house chemist for marijuana-infused edible manufacturer. Very flexible work schedule and laid back work environment. If the snow or hiking is great, don't bother showing up for work.
Must have LC experience. You’ll be running brand new Perkin Elmer equipment. Experience with cannabis analysis a strong plus. Mass Spec will be coming soon. Compensation is negotiable. Need to staff soon.
Aspen location. Could turn into full-time work, if desired.
Contact John Conlin